Calamari is a traditional ring shaped pasta. You might know it as 'calamarata' or thick anelli pasta.
This pasta takes its name from its resemblance to sliced squid. Both calamarata pasta and sliced squid make up the famous seafood pasta from Naples, also called Calamarata.
Whether you want a thick ring shaped pasta to enjoy with rich sauces and ragu, or the perfect pasta for seafood recipes, this is the one for you.
Buy Calamari Pasta Now & Make Calamarata!
Calamarata Pasta Recipe
- 200 gr Calamari pasta
- 2 medium squids
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 garlic cloves
- chilli flakes
- Belmorso EVOO
- Clean your squid and cut into rings, roughly the size of the calamari pasta
- Peel the garlic cloves but don't chop it.
- Sauté the squid in a pan with the garlic cloves whole, and the chilli.
- Add the wine and leave to evaporate.
- Season with salt and add the cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- Leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook your calamari pasta.
- Save some cooking water.
- Drain the pasta, add it to your calamari sauce, add some of the cooking water and mix.
- Mix in the fresh parsley and serve.
What they say about it
Lorraine says: "Fabulous to eat and perfect with squid."
Shop Calamari Pasta Now.
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add salt and the pasta. Cook the pasta, drain and dress with one of our delicious sauces or pesto's. Cooking time: 12-15 mins.
Durum wheat semolina pasta
Durum WHEAT semolina, water.
For allergens see ingredients in capital letters. May contain mustard and soy.
Average values per 100g
Energy 1531 KJ/361 Kcal
of which saturates 0,2g
of which sugars 4,0g
Store in a cool and dry place.
Country of grain cultivation: Italy
Milling country: Italy
Product in Italy by: Pastai gragnanesi Società cooperativa-Via Giovanni Della Rocca 20-80054 Gragnano (Napoli)-Italy.